Wednesday 26 September 2007

Where to next?

Having spent my 2 month Summer break travelling around Eastern Europe, I am now planning other short breaks to make the most of my long weekends and breaks during my last year in Morocco. The weekend after next, four of us are going to Fez and doing a Moroccan cooking class as I want to learn how to cook a tagine before I leave. Plus I haven't been back to Fez since 2000 so I want to see how it has changed. I don't think it will have become unrecognisable like parts of Marrakesh.

Over Christmas/New Year I am going to Mali as I've always wanted to go to West Africa, not that I have any idea what was the inspiration. As it is just over a 3 hour flight away, it is too good of opportunity to miss. So Timbuktu, here I come.

Having found a travel writer's course that is happening for 3 days over a weekend in November in Marrakesh, I am debating whether or not to go. I'm sure the inspiration and what I would learn from the instructors would help me get back into it more efficiently, BUT do I want to spend that much money as it isn't cheap. BUT maybe I should spoil myself for once. Anyway I can think about it for a couple of weeks then still get the early payment discount.

Then there are the long weekends next year - what shall I do? Essouria is definitely on the list and . . . . I'll have to think about that.

1 comment:

Hisham said...

If you go to essaouira, take your breakfast at the "Mâalam Driss" Café-boulangerie. It's located in a corner of the central square where "La France" café is. Believe me you'll enjoy the experience... they make -probably- the most delicious croissants and Moroccan pastry in the city. The Café-boulangerie is named after Mâalem Driss, the late, respected baker of the city. His family now runs the place and they are very friendly people. I hope you'll pay a visit to them and enjoy your time.