Tuesday 13 November 2007

Winning photograph

Morocco is a very photogenic place; there is the architecture, the markets, the mountains, the desert, the people, the food, and the list goes on . . . . . Don't ask me how many photographs of Morocco I have taken since I have been here, but it is lots. Anyway the exciting part is that finally I have one a prize with one of my Morocco photographs, one of the incredibly beautiful Chefchaouen. Lonely Planet and Flickr together run a weekly competition with a different theme each week, and the viewers and posters of the photographs vote on the one that inspires them most to visit the particular place photographed. lo and behold, in the Side Alleys competition I got third - I was only eighth when I left for Madrid and had ended up third by the time I got back. The winning photograph is below.


My prize - I got to choose a Lonely Planet book, which they will post out to me. As I already have the Morocco one, I hopefully am getting the Africa one. If you want to check out the rest of the entries, here is the link.

2 comments:

Tracey said...

Hey, fantastic news! That is a beautiful photo. I'm inspired! The nos 1 and 2 must've been spectacular to beat that, because it is just lovely!

John said...

Nice pictures! Morocco is very beautiful and amazing country! I liked traditional Moroccan cuisine! Most of all I liked Casablanca! It is modern mega polis with it's own atmosphere! However, tourism is becoming more and more important to Casablanca and parts of the medina are now being restored. And people investing money in Casablanca property.
Casablanca is the economic capital of Morocco and the biggest city!
Also I liked traditional cuisine and exotic fruits!