Sunday 1 June 2008

Where was the green flash???

Last night I went to a farewell party for some friends out at Temara Beach. It was probably my last opportunity to see the famed, but hard to see, "green flash". The green flash is a brief appearance of green on the horizon as the sun just disappears behind the Atlantic Ocean in this case. There is a scientific explanation as well but I will not go into it here. But I didn't see it, it didn't happen last night. According to my friends there was a really good one two nights earlier. Such is life.
Anyway it was still very pleasant sitting on the beach, listening to the waves crashing on the rocks and watching the sun slowly set. It was a pretty sunset, lots of yellow and oranges and a few fluffy clouds. It was also really nice to chat with people in such a pretty and relaxed environment. While we talked, the children dug a big, big hole - a shortcut to China?
W.a.i.t.i.n.g for the "Green Flash"!

No comments: