Monday 5 January 2009

Back in Morocco

Having been back in Morocco for a month, in many ways it felt like returning home. Lots of familiar faces, friendly smiles and hugs in greeting. I even got to share in some of the Christmas spirit go to a Christmas party and a Christmas concert. Plus it was nice to go out and have the option of having a glass of wine with your meal. Morocco's reds sure are good. Unfortunately one of the 2 bottles I brought back in my luggage didn't make it - poor packing on my behalf meant that I ended up with some wine coloured things in my bag!

I also got to see my friends 3 month old baby for the first time, even babysitting him for a while. Luckily he didn't cry too much.

On the down side, the weather was colder and wetter than normal but it has made the countryside look great. Green crops and grass everywhere. Plus this combined with my wonderful coughing friends resulted in me getting a cold so wasn't great for a few days - no voice, a sore throat and a horrible cough. But it is mostly gone now although I think the Bangladeshi pollution is doing its best to bring on a recurrence!

I also got the opportunity to revisit some favourite haunts plus some new ones. There is so much to see and do in Morocco. Plus I got to try out my new digital SLR camera. I'll put some pictures of these places in some following posts.

No comments: