Sunday 20 May 2007

Roll On Holidays

One good thing about having holidays coming up is the researching and deciding what to do. Guidebooks, maps, the internet have all come in useful and filled in many an hour. With a two month break over Summer, I decided not to go back to Australia - well it is Winter there, it takes at least 30 hours to get there and it costs lots of money. Instead I decided to head to eastern Europe as I have never been there, and the decision is made - Czech Republic, Poland, Slovakia, Hungary and Romania with a few days in London at the end. I am really looking forward to the change of scenery after 5 or 6 months in Morocco with only one short weekend out of the country for work, but even more I am looking forward to travelling around, being on the move, experiencing new places and people, taking photographs and the list goes on and on . . . Only 4 weeks to go, and about 300 exam papers to mark.

1 comment:

Tracey said...

Good luck with the marking. We're coming up on end of semester, so it will be that time of year again for us too. That's the one thing about teaching that I just find hard to deal with -- the way marking sucks up all your evenings and weekends. Still, I enjoy being in the classroom, so shouldn't complain. And at least you've got something great to look forward to.

I can't believe there's anywhere you haven't been yet!