Monday 27 August 2007

Agdal Changes

Wandering around the streets of Agdal since my return, I am amazed at the changes. Hard to believe but there are even more coffee shops/cafes/restaurants. On Atlas a new restaurant, Findi, has opened which has nice snack-type food such as sandwiches, pizza, brochettes, pasta, panini and salads. I had a nice meal there the other day. Just down the street a little further another similar place has opened but haven't had time to try it. Next door the coffee shop has undergone renovation.

Stepping over one block to Ave. de France, a Venezia Ice has opened with the carpet and menu lectern on the street. Pinchos has opened a second shop, Pinchos Pizza, next door while further along a nice looking juice bar has opened with a couple of tables and chairs inside. Still need time to try these out.

On the other hand I here the excellent French restaurant that I frequent on a regular basis, 81/2, is closing. Hopefully it is only for renovations but will need to find out more. Hopefully will dine there on Saturday night, and not for the last time.

While on the topic of food, I also need to go and investigate the three Agdal wine shops that Cat in Rabat mentioned on her blog. Oh I am going to miss her witty and informative posts.

2 comments:

La Gatita Gringa said...

Les Vignes de Agdal will be closed during Ramadan so stock up now!!! All my ex-pat friends are buying cases.
Cat in Rabat (now La Gatita Gringa)

heatherf said...

Don't worry I have been reminded by my students that it is Ramadan. "Remember, we will not be able to concentrate well in the afternoon", they tell me. And yes I even remembered to go and buy some wine this morning but not by the case!