Thursday 22 May 2008

10 great things about Morocco

Time to list what things are great about Morocco.

1. There is a huge variety of places to visit on weekends and holidays.

2. The fresh fruit and vegetables are tasty, fresh and cheap. I'm really enjoying the cherries, nectarines, peaches and cherries at the moment.

3. It is safe to walk around on your own and at night, in most places but not everywhere.

4. It is a photographer's delight - I have thousands from my time here!

5. The weather is pleasant, most of the time. Although I did find Winter rather cold when I first arrived - not surprising considering I came from the tropics!

6. It is close to Europe. A 40 minutes ferry trip to Spain.

7. Yummy cakes and pastries, although I try not to indulge too often.

8. It is a great place for walking - Hilton Park or from Agdal to the medina here in Rabat, or up in the mountains.

9. Turkey - Not the country, the food. I have never eaten so much as I have here. Rarely do I buy chicken, instead I buy half a turkey breast.

10. The rail system runs regularly and almost on time between the major cities - Rabat, Casa, Fes, Marrakesh . . . And it is cheap and safe. I have not heard of a train crash while I have been here. The same can't be said about the buses.

No comments: