Sunday 18 May 2008

Out to the farm

Yesterday I had the opportunity to spend the day at a friends farm outside Rabat. Even though it is only about 20 kilometres in a direct line, it takes an our to get there as you have to drive a big loop to get to the other side of the lake. It was such a relaxing day in such a quiet place - just the sounds of the animals and birds while being surrounded by a lovely orchard with trees loaded with fruit - apricots, nectarines (neither of which were quite ripe), figs, grapes, pears . . .
So I got to spend time sitting in the garden reading a book while surrounded by the colour of the cascading bougainvillea, pots of red and pink geranium and even a fuchsia plant. Such a change from my Agdal apartment. Then their were the dogs running around, following me to the end of the block. The puppies were so cute, especially the roly-poly brown one.
Then to spend time with friends sitting and chatting in the garden, admiring the location, admiring the and admiring the house. All were a little envious I think. It really brings back memories of growing up on a farm, as I did in Australia. What a relaxing day. I'm just sorry you didn't make it Regina.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry I couldn't make it either! Great to see the images though - I can feel myself there relaxing :)