Saturday 28 June 2008

Back down south again!!!

I have just spent a two weeks down south again, around Marrakesh. First met an Australian friend who had never been to Morocco and showed her some of the sights of Marrakesh plus did a day trip to Imlil and Ourika Valley. So I got to see some things I hadn't seen before. Here we are at the Bahia Palace in Marrakesh.

Then I spent a few days in Essaouira, always a good place for R & R. It wasn't any different this time as I managed to fit in a couple of siestas. Such a tough life. At least this time I did manage to get the photo that typifies Essaouira - the medina through the circular hole in the ramparts.

After that just spent a couple more days in Marrakesh, and survived the oven-like heat Something like 43 degrees Thursday and 45 Friday. Hot, that is for sure. Even made the 30 degrees and high humidity of Rabat seem cool.

I will do a couple more posts on specific aspects of the trip. Here is a movie of the Ben Youssef medersa, my favourite place in Marrakesh, but I think I need a little more practice at taking movies on my digital camera!! I haven't been able to upload it yet. Will try again tomorrow.

No comments: