Monday 20 July 2009

Windy, windy Essaouira

Well for a change from the heat of Marrakesh, I decided to head to the coast for a few days. First idea was Mirleft, then Agadir but I didn't expect to like it but ended up going back to Essaouira! And what a change it was - can you believe it I was cold, for the first time in months and months! It was so WINDY, at times I felt like I was being sand-blasted, even in the alleys of the medina. I even took long sleeves to wear but that wasn't enough. It certainly was a change. Plus the normally blue sea was a murky brown dotted by white-caps courtesy of the wind!!! The to top it off it is 44 degrees here in Marrakesh today with no sun.

Anyway I did have nice food including grilled fish, avacado and prawn salad (I can't get avocados in Bangladesh) and my favourite meat tagine with raisins and caramelised onions. Mind you, the food prices seemed cheaper than in Marrakesh. Stayed at the same place I stayed at in December - Hotel Les Maison Bleus, a comfortable and central place with lovely hosts, one of whom remembered me, even if he could not spell my name!

Of course I took lots of phots, here are a few people ones.

No comments: