Saturday 29 January 2011

Eating and sleeping in Taroudant

Eating in Taroudant
I tried out three different places in Taroundant: Jnane Soussia, Chez Nada and L'Agence with the latter being my favourite. Jnane Soussia was a nice setting in tents around a pool but the tagine I had was ordinary. At Chez Nada the food was fine and it is in a very central location but I liked the food and decor best at L'Agence as it was slightly out of the ordinary. Plus the restaurant was centrally located - close to the main mosque. Here are some photos of L'Agence:

Sleeping in Taroudant
As I was looking at the cheaper end of the spectrum, I chose to stay at Riad Palmiers de Taroudant. It is a converted convent and has a central courtyard full of trees, flowers and a fish pond. The rooms are comfortable but there are shared bathrooms, although plenty of them. The breakfast served on the verandah is great (see the photo below). Plus it is easy to find and can be readily accesses by car. Plus any profit goes to support the adjoining orphanage. Here are some photos:
The entrance
The courtyard & verandah
A room
Breakfast is served

No comments: